Monday, July 16, 2012

Shades Of Lime

Remember this?  This is my hand painted "Tibetan/Chinese" cabinet.  When I say hand painted, I mean painted by my hand, lovingly and painstakingly.


Now, remember that I've been wanting to modify the cabinet to go more with my newer decor.  The cabinet is in a darker space and backed by a darker purple wall.


Forget that red desk armoire and picture that wall mostly white with built-ins (see my post I Got The Whole World In My Hands to see what it will one day look like).  But check out the painted cabinet against the Benjamin Moore Gentle Violet.  Just doesn't work with the Ralph Lauren Kilim Red on the cabinet.  I've used lime green for the accents thoughout my living space.  You can see that in the desk chair, the lamps on either side of my couch and the large canvas above my couch.  It goes well with the paint on the walls; the Benjamin Moore Gentle Violet and Electric Blue.  I thought that this side of the room needs a little more lime green and this side of the room (my study) gets the least amount of natural light so it needs to be brightened up.  I narrowed down the greens to two choices and finally got samples over the weekend. 


If you have read my blog at all, you will know my chief complaint of having such a hard time capturing the color of an object and conveying it online.  Well, this post will be the perfect backup for that complaint.  I hope you will be able to extrapolate from the following pictures the difference between these two paint colors.  The flash from the camera just throws everything off.  So here goes.



It's not as bright as it looks.  The next picture shows the difference between them a little better.  I was going to ask for votes on which one to go with but honestly, I have made my decision already.  Want to guess which one?  Lime Green is on the left and the bottom and Bright lime is on the right and top.  Which one would you choose?  Let me know by leaving your comment below. I'll post my choice at the end of the week.  I'm curious to see which one you would pick.


Thanks for stopping by and Stay tuned for more creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment