Sunday, July 1, 2012

An "Apatite" For Gems

My appetite for gems includes the gorgeous carribean sea blues captured in the gemstone apatite.  From the dark clear teal waters to the cool glass aquas, apatite comes in a range of blues, as well as many other colors. I'm sure many are enhanced by artificial means, but that doesn't bother me. I was fortunate enough to come across a blow out sale for two strands of emerald shaped faceted really great quality apatite.  Originally, $105.00 a strand, I was lucky to snap them up for closer to $25.00 each.  Totally worth the price.  I've been holding onto them for a while, not quite sure what I wanted to make of them.  My recent post on my signature bracelets, however, inspired me to add to my collection. Besides, bracelets I can see all day and enjoy more.  Necklaces, are for others to enjoy really. I guess that is why I am partial to rings, bracelets and long necklaces.  But who am I kidding, I love it all!

In one of the beadstores I frequent in NYC, I found oval faceted beads that are the same color and almost as beautiful as the emerald apatite beads. Beautiful enough to work.  I also found these spectacular electric blue apatite strands.  Of course, what else, another bracelet.  I made them today.  Do you like them?


The best way to capture the color accurately, is to not use the flash when taking the picture. Then again, some of the intensity is lost as well.  It's hard to capture the intense hue of these gems with or without flash. But here goes.  Ah, you can see a little more of the sea green with the flash. 









I wonder which one I'll wear tomorrow?

Thanks for stopping by and Stay tuned for more creativity!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I enjoy reading all your posts and continue to be impressed by your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad you like!

      Delete
  2. Ilana - I love the art deco clasp. Thanks for the tip on Sally Hansen formula two; my nails need help! Also, the white dresser completed with the lamp and flower photos above is beautiful. -Jess

    ReplyDelete