Monday, April 30, 2012

Orchids, Orchids, Orchids

My sister and I caught the Orchid exhibit at the New York Botanical Gardens.  I took many pictures because how could I not?!  Here are a few of my favorites.














Okay, so all of those pictures weren't of orchids...sorry, I think they are so cool.  I love macro photography.  Especially, because the detailed closeup of an object can often look like an entirely different one.  For instance, the orange picture above, makes me think of molecules.  The one right above makes me think of coral and plants found in the ocean.  I also just love being able to zoom into a picture of the center of a flower and be able to see each grain of pollen or tiny insects.  Look out for the tiny ant below.

There were so many varieties of orchids and I took pictures of probably all of them, so here are  few of my favorites.






Don't those three above make you think of spiders?














Okay, that's enough of Orchids from the New York Botanical Garden.

Thanks for stopping by and Stay tuned for more creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment