Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Have A Dream

The study, doesn't that just sound snooty?  But, I love calling my desk area, my study.  I have a grand design ready for that space but I haven't had the chance to execute my vision yet.  Right now, I have my red computer armoire from my previous apartment but I keep the doors wide open so I can store my guitars and other large items behind them.  Here's what it looks like now, but a little messier to be honest.


First of all, red is not working for me, I know its temporary but still.  My painted cabinet which I posted about previously, will be updated to fit more with the new color scheme.  Yes, that is a big statue of Green Tara on the left.  This setup is supposed to be temporary until I can afford to hire a carpenter.  One day.....

Here is a very elementary sketch using Paint of what the study will one day look like.


Much better right?  Can you even tell?  Let me explain what the wobbly white lines are.  On the left side of the purple wall, you can see open bookcase which will be in white and the back of the shelves will be open so you can see the purple.  Underneath, will be a low closed cabinet with doors for some storage.  To the right of that, will be a desk with hopefully a small drawer or drawers.  Underneath the desk will be a rolling printer cart that I will make. It will be very compact and as small as possible.  Above the desk, will be two faceted crystal pendants (already picked out) for light and I have this idea to take one of my photos and to get a poster size print made which will take up the wall space above the desk, maybe.  To the right of the desk will be more open shelves, however, there will be less of them to accommodate the taller closed cabinet.  I need the taller closed storage space for my guitars and my pre-lit non-denominational holiday tree.  Top all of that off with white crown molding both in front of the built-ins but also all around the apartment.  Also of note, is the ceiling fan that I bought to replace that ugly ceiling light.  The fan is still in the box because I haven't had it installed yet.  Concept I Minka Aire in white

You will notice that I have sketched out a little on the blue wall.  This is my TV wall and currently I have those large cabinet built-ins from my previous apartment against the blue wall.  Once loved, I now can't wait to get rid of them.  Here's a shot from when I just moved in.  While I'm at it, the couch is eventually going to be replaced too.


Picture this sexy large flat screen Samsung TV will the very small edges (Samsung Smart TV)  And underneath a beautiful large white electric fireplace mantel.  A very compact shallow small cube/cabinet with shelves for my electronic components. 
Something like this:


Much more floor real estate this way and so much more streamlined and modern.

I have picked out the fireplace mantel, what do you think?  Dimplex Kenton in white

Can you see it all?  What do you think of my designs so far? I want some feedback in the comment section below. 

As I look at these pictures, I realize how far I've come and how far I have yet to go but I have a dream...

Thanks for stopping by and Stay tuned for more creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment