Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Ever Convenient Instant Dry Nails And My Personal Manicure Tricks

Sometimes a girl just doesn't have the time to wait for her nails to dry.  Plus, even if I had time, who says I have the patience anymore?  I despise waking up in the morning and having sheet marks on my "thought they were really dry" nails.  I have found two solutions thus far for this problem and I think that's pretty darn good!  I've shared the the first one already in my previous posts: use Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips or the nail stickers.  See the below funky nails.  You are looking at the Kiss Nail Dress strips in "Cocktail".  I just put them on.  Neat huh?  Clear stripes alternating with pink stripes and of course little bubbles of shiny bling over the clear parts.  (Bling? Of course! It's a good thing I can laugh at myself). 


Want to know my second secret?  Recently discovered.  Okay, here goes.  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, anti-chip top coat.  Thank goodness the red bottle caught my eye in the store.  The boast of this product is that your nails will be dry with any nail color 30 seconds to set.  I didn't actually count the 30 seconds but I'll tell you, after a base coat and two decently thick coats of nail color and waiting two minutes before applying, my nails were insta-dri.  For sure, I sat for a little bit just in case, BUT my nails were set! I was able to touch them pretty much right away! So cool that a product does what it says its going to do!  I am just loving Sally Hansen these days.  Now I am just waiting for them to come out with more colors for the nail polish strips. 
I should say that I have no affiliation with Sally Hansen, but I feel like I am their spokesperson lately. Hey, have any of you tried the nail strips or the Insta-Dri top coat? Please tell me about your experiences! Do you have a favorite nail product? I'd love to hear about it! There are two other products that I swear by: Nailtiques, formula 2 (brought my nails back from the dead after my bad UV gel experience) and Sally Hansen (yes, again) French Manicure White Tip Pen, really makes french manicures easier for me and who doesn't love a good french manicure? While I am giving all of my secrets away, I will also add a few other tricks I have come to use. After I file my nails, I use a nail buffer block to smooth out the surface of my nails and to buff off the excess from filing. Then its time to take care of my cuticles.  I don't like cuticle cutting, so instead I use CND SolarOil nail & cuticle conditioner and then I use a cuticle eraser stick.  Just make sure you wash your hands in warm water afterwards.  It's like when they bring out the hot towel at the nail salon.  Another trick is to take nail polish remover and do a final swipe before applying nail polish. This removes oil and any residue from filing to leave a clean surface for the nail polish. I think I'm all out of tricks to share!
SolarOil
 
Cuticle Eraser Stick

Nail Buffer Block

Thanks for stopping by and Stay tuned for more creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment