Monday, September 17, 2012

Handbag Candy

All of the designer handbags I covet have beautiful shiny hardware with logos up the whazoo!  I would love to have my own proprietary hardware but since I'm not manufacturing en mass and I'm not Gucci or Marc Jacobs, I have to get creative.  Good thing I'm pretty darn creative!

Let me back up for a moment.  A few years back, I was in Petco buying supplies and I noticed these large rhinestone letters (sparkly and shiny - how could I resist) that slide onto leather pet collars.  People can spell out their pet's names or whatever they want.  Very cute idea.  If I was a cat or dog, I would love to wear one of those!  Of course, that doesn't stop me from wanting to wear them somehow, so I bought my initials and thought I might make myself a funky necklace or something.  That never happened but I kept the letters anyway.  Okay, fast forward again.  I'm working on my third handbag and I was lamenting on the lack of proprietary hardware.  See, I need to leave my mark, my signature on my bags.  But how to do it!  Then the light bulb went on over my head and I remembered the rhinestone letters!  My new handbag will have the initials incorporated in the design.  It's gonna look cool!  But how to do the same for my previous two handbags?  There really wasn't any good place on the finished bags to attach the initials to.  Then I had it!  Bag candy!  I'll accessorize the handbag. A few shiny objects put together in a cool way and voila!  Okay, enough talk - Handbag CANDY!  And it's a keychain too!

The Ilana Graf Jacket Bag (Black Leather)
 
 
 
 
 
The Ilana Graf Jacket Bag (Faux Red snake)
 
 
 
 
Another way to wear it - Handbag Bracelet!
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and Stay tuned for more creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment